RemoterVNC and dual monitors help needed

Report your issues here

RemoterVNC and dual monitors help needed

Postby wblackburn » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:19 pm

I have RemoterVNC 3.2 with in-app purchased SSH support. I am connecting to a MacBook pro running "Lion" attached to a secondary monitor.

My support question is about a VNC connection to this setup.

When running with the secondary monitor to the right of the primary monitor, everything seems to work fine, but I want my secondary monitor to the left of the primary. To be clear, the primary monitor is the one showing the menu and dock - the secondary monitor has been configured to sit on the left hand side.

When I do this, RemoterVNC is no longer handling the mouse coordinates properly, it seems to be hard coded to think the secondary monitor is on the right side, so all the "clicks" and movements are happening in the wrong place. To clarify, the monitors appear visually in the interface in the right order, its relaying of the mouse motions that are wrong.

Am I missing some sort of configuration option here? Or have I found an issue in the software?

Thanks for any and all help.
wblackburn

Re: RemoterVNC and dual monitors help needed

Postby raf » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:06 am

Please see here for more information (go to the last page for specifics about multi-monitor setup in Lion).
http://forums.rafsoftware.com/viewtopic ... 2&start=30

Thanks,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby douglasbrownca » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:49 pm

I have a dual monitor set up and I am able to log in, but the cursor does not map correctly in the iPad to my Mac Pro. I need to be able to use both screens and have the cursor map correctly in ratio for this application to work. I'm using Lion and iPad 5.01 os.
douglasbrownca

Postby raf » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:46 pm

douglasbrownca wrote:I have a dual monitor set up and I am able to log in, but the cursor does not map correctly in the iPad to my Mac Pro. I need to be able to use both screens and have the cursor map correctly in ratio for this application to work. I'm using Lion and iPad 5.01 os.

Yes, this is the exact scenario that Remoter 3.2.1 + RemoterFusion corrects.

Remoter 3.2.1 was submitted over a week ago to Apple, so I expect it to be released this week.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby douglasbrownca » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:09 pm

Thanks! I'm looking forward to it. I'll leave a review on the App store for you once it's updated. Thank you for the fast response.
douglasbrownca

Postby raf » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:22 pm

douglasbrownca wrote:Thanks! I'm looking forward to it. I'll leave a review on the App store for you once it's updated. Thank you for the fast response.

Remoter 3.2.1 was approved and will be out tomorrow thursday!

Sorry for the wait!,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby raf » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:49 am

If you want to test the multi-monitor support in 3.2.1, you need a beta version of RemoterFusion. Please get it here:
http://remoterlabs.com/RemoterFusion/Re ... n0.8.7.dmg

Edit: Please post your experiences with beta 0.8.7 here. I'd like to make sure it works ok before releasing it publicly as an update.
Edit2: (12/1@8PM) No problems reported with 0.8.7. Now it's an official release. Simply update to get it.
raf
Site Admin

Postby douglasbrownca » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:48 pm

I've downloaded the new version onto my iPad, and I'm still having the issue with the mapping of the cursor to the dual screen set up. I've rebooted my box but I'm still not able to get the cursor to line up with the window I'm looking at. Watching my computer screen, to get the right side to acknowledge a click, I have to be in the left monitor on the iPad. It can't map the position of my cursor correctly between the two monitor screen and my iPad. Specs: IOS5 on iPad, mac pro tower with factory video card, two monitors. Thoughts?
douglasbrownca

Postby raf » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:37 pm

douglasbrownca wrote:I've downloaded the new version onto my iPad, and I'm still having the issue with the mapping of the cursor to the dual screen set up. I've rebooted my box but I'm still not able to get the cursor to line up with the window I'm looking at. Watching my computer screen, to get the right side to acknowledge a click, I have to be in the left monitor on the iPad. It can't map the position of my cursor correctly between the two monitor screen and my iPad. Specs: IOS5 on iPad, mac pro tower with factory video card, two monitors. Thoughts?

Douglas, for multi-monitor support you need to run RemoterFusion 0.8.7 in your Mac, and connect from Remoter 3.2.1 using a Remoter Fusion enabled session.

Hope this helps,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby douglasbrownca » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:39 pm

Thanks! I'll give it a try and let you know.
douglasbrownca

Next

Return to Support