RemoterVNC and dual monitors help needed

Report your issues here

Re: RemoterVNC and dual monitors help needed

Postby douglasbrownca » Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:45 pm

Works like a charm from my iPhone. Thanks! I'll get that review up on iTunes tomorrow. Thanks for your help.
douglasbrownca

Postby raf » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:06 am

Thanks!,

BTW, I've added some more multi-monitor layouts to version 0.8.8. Please try it if you were having problems with 0.8.7:
http://bit.ly/sh9E1w

Let me know how this one works for you all.

Thanks,

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby douglasbrownca » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:50 pm

Will do. I left a 5 star review for you on the App store today. Thanks again!
douglasbrownca

Postby douglasbrownca » Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:09 pm

Hello again. I'm running remote fusion .8.8 and the dual support is not working properly again. It's back to not able to map the cursor correctly to the two monitors. I'm running the most current app from the iTunes store (3.2.1). What changed????
douglasbrownca

Postby raf » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:43 pm

douglasbrownca wrote:Hello again. I'm running remote fusion .8.8 and the dual support is not working properly again. It's back to not able to map the cursor correctly to the two monitors. I'm running the most current app from the iTunes store (3.2.1). What changed????

Did it work with 0.8.7 and now it's broken? If so, please post a screenshot of your monitor layout and I'll be sure to correct it, and post a new beta.
In 0.8.8 I added support for monitors stacked one on top of the other, this change probably broke your setup.

Thanks!,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby dorian_grey » Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:13 pm

Do I have to use the OS X client to make multi monitor setup work with RemoterVNC?

I just bought RemotverVNC and ran into the same troubles that are reported here (without OS X client).
dorian_grey

Postby raf » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:04 pm

Yes you do. You need to install RemoterFusion in your Mac.

As an aside note. A new beta of RemoterFusion: 0.8.8D:

http://bit.ly/rwLQow

This one corrects one more case that was causing a lockup. It also has a bugfix in a 3rd party library that was causing random crashes when encoding data for transmission.

Please let me know how this one works for you.

Thanks!,
Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby dorian_grey » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:47 pm

Thanks for the fast reply!
Personally I'm no fan of additional software in the background, eating away RAM and ressources, when the OS has a built-in VNC server. Don't get me wrong, this is not meant as criticism of the helper app, but just a personal attitude - I like to keep those background processes to a minimum.

Is there a special reason multi monitor setups only work correctly if the helper app is running? Limitations of OS X' built-in server?
dorian_grey

Postby raf » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:01 pm

The problem is that Apple's VNC server contains some proprietary extensions on top of the open RFB (VNC) protocol. These extensions are private, and I Apple is not willing to give out information on them (believe me, I've asked them myself). So the only option is to have an app that I control that provides the features I need.
Remoter Fusion gives you:
-Multi-monitor support
-Sound redirection (not provided by the built-in vnc server at all)
-Automated port mapping (for supported routers), etc.

Raf.
raf
Site Admin

Postby douglasbrownca » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:11 pm

raf wrote:
douglasbrownca wrote:Hello again. I'm running remote fusion .8.8 and the dual support is not working properly again. It's back to not able to map the cursor correctly to the two monitors. I'm running the most current app from the iTunes store (3.2.1). What changed????

Did it work with 0.8.7 and now it's broken? If so, please post a screenshot of your monitor layout and I'll be sure to correct it, and post a new beta.
In 0.8.8 I added support for monitors stacked one on top of the other, this change probably broke your setup.

Thanks!,
Raf.

Yep, it was working with .8.7, and I've now upgraded to the .9 version and it still doesn't work. I've posted a screen shot from my iPad and from remoterFusion.

Image Image

First shot is remoterFusion .9 and the second is my iPad using the RemoterFusion connection.
douglasbrownca

PreviousNext

Return to Support